About the Workshop
The preparation for the next European Framework Programme advances very quickly and the European Commission had recently adopted the Green Paper ‘From Challenges to Opportunities: Towards a Common Strategic Framework for EU research and innovation funding‘, launching a public consultation on the key issues to be taken into account for future EU research and innovation funding programmes.
Having this broad framework in mind, this workshop takes the opportunity of an incoming meeting on the project Openaire to bring to the table related issues that different stakeholders and policy makers (at European and Member State level) have been discussing.
- Update on developments on OpenAIRE e-Infrastructure. Implementation of the OA pilot and its future plans(extensions at global level, etc);
- Brainstorming on QUALITY IMPERATIVE of Open Access publishing. Sharing of views and best practices in Member States, Projects, etc;
- Presentation of SURF’s initiative “Clearing the Gate” (proposal to undertake a feasibility study). Discussion on how to proceed involving a panel of funding agencies;
- Brainstorming on quality and reliability aspects of scientific repositories e-Infrastructure;
- Presentation of recent initiatives on Digital Object Identifiers and Digital Authors Identifiers;
- Technical workshop to coordinateOpenAIRE and the EC Participants Portal (Coordination between IT units from RTD and INFSO);
The objective is to share views and take stock on the above topics to consider for future EU research and innovation funding programmes.